Guide to completing CPD with Chemist+Druggist
Update Plus is Chemist+Druggist's online training product designed to help pharmacists and pharmacy staff complete their mandatory learning requirements quickly and easily. This guide to taking CPD with Chemist+Druggist also applies for the Update Plus Free Trial and free sponsored modules, which can be found in your MyCPD dashboard.
1. What are the GPhC requirements for CPD?
The GPhC requirements for pharmacists’ and pharmacy technicians’ continuing professional development (CPD) are set out in the CPD Standards. The CPD Standards contain information about:
- The amount that is required
- How you should record your learning
- How to submit your record to the GPhC for review
2. How do I record my CPD?
You are required to make your entries using a format approved by the GPhC. The GPhC recommended method for recording your learning is using the online system at www.uptodate.org.uk You can choose to record your CPD on paper, provided that the format has been approved by the GPhC.
3. Do I send my certificates for each Update module to the GPhC as a record of my CPD?
No. These certificates are for you to keep for your own records. You are required to make your CPD entries using a format approved by the GPhC.
4. How will I know when I need to submit my CPD to the GPhC?
The GPhC will write to you to request that you submit your CPD record for review. This will happen at least once every five years.
5. What will happen if I don’t submit my CPD record to the GPhC when asked?
If you do not respond to the original request or any of the reminders, the GPhC will remove your name from the register. You will receive notice from the registrar and will be given a limited amount of time in which to respond.
6. I still can't find what i'm looking for. How do I contact C+D Training?
If you're still looking for an answer, please contact C+D Training on email@example.com or you can call on 020 7921 8420